Travelling in a campervan will be an adventure. And depending on where and how you travel, you will need to consider how you will carry food whilst you are travelling in a campervan.
When travelling in most places in Australia, you will have access to local supermarkets that will sell ‘ready to eat’ meals, tinned food condiments, fruits, vegetables, and more.
On top of that, there will be several take-away food options that you can consider consuming as well.
If you decide to travel somewhere that is more remote, then you will need to plan your food supplies more carefully.
How should you strategize your food budget, storage, and consumption while you are travelling around in a campervan?
Things to consider.
- Do you have a budget for eating out or purchasing food and drinks along the way?
- Do you need to buy food in bulk and store it so it is preserved?
- Will you have access to a fridge?
Keep a stock of dried food.
- Powdered milk
- Oats (to create overnight oats)
- Dried fruit
- Cereal such as Weetbix
- Couscous (This can easily be hydrated with hot or cold water)
- Peanut butter
- Muesli bars
- Bread wraps
- Hard cheese
- Choose a hard cheese that is low in moisture and wrap in a cloth
- Parmesan, Grana Padano, Swiss Gruyere, Cheddar, Gouda and Mozzarella are all good choices